Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jules and Julia

Inspiration comes in many forms: movies, magazines and recipe books. I must confess to having been an armchair chef for many years. Inspiration is essential if one is to take a leap of faith from being an armchair chef to actually creating something. Anything. For me the trigger was watching Julia and Jules. The movie about a fellow armchair traveller who actually devoted a whole year to cooking a new dish every night.

I am not quite as amibitious. For me it has to be simple and tasty, something as simple as ginger biscuits.

Why ginger biscuits? Well, it is something of a family tradition at Christmas time. Something that grandmothers used to make and hand on Christmas trees with red and green ribbons. Simple, easy and tasty.




1 comment:

  1. Yummy I am tasting homemade ginger biscuits now...my favourite cookies! Welcome and I look forward to reading more xx

    ReplyDelete